Announcements (click here for the events' calendar):
- There will be another manhood class held at the church on Friday, February 3rd at 7:00 PM.
- There will be a woman's meeting held at the church on Friday, February 24th at 6:00 PM.
- There will be a general workday at the church on Saturday, March 18th starting at 9:00 AM.
- East Coast Gospel Lighthouse, Norfolk VA Anniversary Meeting 10-11 Mar 2023
- New Life Gospel Assembly, Lynchburg VA Ministers/Fellowship Meeting 14-15 April 2023
- Roanoke Valley Sanctuary of Praise, Roanoke VA Ministers/Fellowship 23-24 June 2023
Links to recent meetings:
Parent training class:
Roanoke Valley Sanctuary of Praise is a gathering place for the local expression of the body of Christ in Roanoke, Virginia, and the surrounding area. Begun from a burden for the people of Roanoke, our vision is to restore lives and families through Biblical teaching, an empowering fullness of God's Spirit, and a strong emphasis on Godly homes in a family-integrated church.
We believe the true Biblical understanding of the New Testament church is not found in any cathedral or denominational superstructure. Rather, the church is the Body of Christ, with members in particular, called out from the world and separated unto Christ as the Bride of Christ.
At Roanoke Valley Sanctuary of Praise, services are not preprogrammed performances, and the members of the congregation are not mere spectators. Rather, our services occur in an open format where each person is welcome to share a sermon, testimony, or song as the Spirit leads. We believe that the church works best when each part of the church supplies something to the service.
We believe that the only pure foundation for a true church is the foundation laid out in Scripture by the apostles and prophets, with Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone. The New Testament church was not a social get together, a crystal cathedral, a multi-million dollar corporation, or a cult of personality. It was, instead, a gathering together of the called-out people of God who worked together, fellowshipped together, and served God together in unity with the purpose of producing a church prepared for the coming of Christ, as a Bride adorned for her husband. This is our pattern, our goal, and our purpose.
To discover more about Roanoke Valley Sanctuary of Praise, please explore our website and use the comment form on this page to ask any questions you may have.